Monday 5 May 2014

Getting back into it!

I apologise for being the world's worst blogger. A few big life changes have distracted me from writing! A new job, moving to a remote area (and I mean REMOTE) for said job and lack of internet and many other things have proved a big distraction. But I am back- and it will be bigger and better than ever.

One reason I decided to take this new job was the opportunity to earn some good money and save for two big American trips! One in November which has me doing the DisneyWorld Wine and Dine Half Marathon and the Disneyland Avengers Half Marathon, and the other trip in January which has me registered for the DisneyWorld Dopey Challenge, and perhaps the DisneyWorld Princess Half Weekend Glass Slipper Challenge (Glass Slipper all depends on what time I can get off work)!

Although there will be many more posts about these trips and runs in the future, this is the first, and this is me committing to training harder, longer and more consistently than I ever have before. With over $1300 AU in race fees (please don't tell my boyfriend!) plus airfares, accommodation and all the other expenses that come with a racecation, it was an expensive race choice but something I couldn't pass up.

I have been dreaming, fantasizing and wishing for the opportunity to RunDisney for what feels like forever. I could always find a reason to put signing up off- what happens if I get a new job, what if something comes up, what if I need the money for something else, what if, what if, what if? But then I thought, what if I never do it? So there I was, awake at 2am Australian time, sitting at my computer waiting for registration to open. And then I did it. No turning back. Just a commitment to myself that I will run these races, I will finish strong, and I will have fun. No backing out, no changing my mind, no excuses. So here I am, counting down the 181 sleeps until I leave for America for the first big trip and the first 2 big races and training with motivation like never before!

Have you ever signed up for your own personal 'bigger than Ben Hur' race/s?

Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment