Thursday 29 May 2014

Where I should be this weekend...Spartan Race

I signed up for the sprint Spartan Race in Victoria a few months ago when I saw it advertised on Scoopon with a few friends. I was both scared and excited. Having completed Warrior Dash without too many major hiccups I was looking forward to a new challenge and proving to myself that I can do it.

Bacon (my partner) and I after Warrior Dash- I promise I am actually wearing pants. 

Then came the news I would be relocating to remote Northern Territory for work. So no Spartan Race for me, and my poor partner (who I had forced to sign up with me) is now stuck going with another friend who also had his girlfriend bail at the last minute.

Right now I am feeling a few emotions, such as guilt, jealously, and relief. I think mostly though, I am disappointed. I was really looking forward to conquering a few of my fears (like anything involving upper body strength) and maybe showing up a few boys. Now I will be lacing up for my long run through the bush, and thinking about where I should be.

Good luck boys- I am sure you will smash it! Do me proud and remember AROOOOOO!

What do you think about obstacle races? Have you ever done one?

Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment