Saturday 24 May 2014

I'm in! RunDisney Castaway Cay Challenge!

At 2am on Saturday morning my poor partner sat there waiting to register me for RunDisney's Castaway Cay Challenge- so first of all THANK  YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to him (I do not have internet access at home in the community I am in at the moment, and I didn't feel like staying at work until 2am, so he was forced to very kindly volunteered to register me for CCC).

I got this wonderous email about 15 minutes after registration opened

I was so relieved once I had received my registration confirmation as we had already booked and put a deposit on the cruise. Now don't get me wrong, I still would have fun on the cruise without racing CCC, but that's the icing on the cake that is going to make this one unforgettable holiday!

I understand that for many people a cruise straight after WDW Marathon weekend was impossible, but we have slightly different circumstances. As we are flying over from Australia we were planning a long-ish trip anyway- about 1-2 months, so getting time off work was no problem. We had already thought about doing a cruise, we just hadn't decided which one or how long for. Also, because running all the Disney races isn't an option for me because of all the flying (and cost!), to be able to fit one more race in right on the tail of another seemed perfect. So as far as I was concerned it was meant to be!

Are you registered for CCC? Have you heard about the rumoured Paris Disneyland half marathon?

Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment