Wednesday 7 May 2014

Run/Triathlon Fuel

I am a bit of sports nutrition junkie. I am willing to try almost anything- and I have tried a lot of things, to find what works for me. I can be pretty fussy, especially when it comes to gels so I am constantly on the look out for new products to try! Obviously everyone will have something slightly different that works for them, but these are a few of my favourites.

During runs I love GU chomps- especially the strawberry ones with caffeine, very convenient and I often only need one pack for a long training run (up to 20kms), and my other GU favourite is their salted caramel gel. I hated gels until the moment this sweet love touched my lips. I would eat these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I could. Another great product is Clif Shot Bloks (though a bit tricky to find in Aus), super yummy and again really convenient. I am a big fan of the chew form- it's like eating a gummi bear, and Clif has some awesome flavours out!

After my run I swear by Dextro After Sports Recovery Drink- its super yummy and not a milky base which I love. It's a tropical fruit flavour and tastes just like cordial. I often actually think of it as a reward if I complete my long run.

I wish I could find a delicious protein bar. I wish, I wish, I wish. I love Clif Bar's organic philosophy and I am desperate to try their Mojo Trail Mix Bars- though they are not in Australia yet (hint hint- if anyone from Clif Bar reads this!!). I often am pretty disappointed in the range of sports nutrition stocked in Australia. Trying to get salted caramel GU's is virtually impossible, and even Clif Shot Bloks can be tricky to find. If I was a millionaire I would open up the best sports nutrition shop in Melbourne and stock all the best brands- until then I will keep dreaming and when I go to America my suitcase is going to be filled with goodies to bring back to Aus to keep me fuelled over triathlon season!

What is your favourite sports nutrition product? Do you have any recommendations for me?

Ash :)

Disclaimer: I have not been compensated in any way for the above comments. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment