Saturday 17 May 2014

Goals

I am someone who loves to set goals, as they keep me focused and give me something to work towards. I have quite a long list of goals at the moment, varying from very achievable to verging on impossible (not impossible- just VERGING on impossible). Here is my list as it stands now

Running related:

1) A sub 30min 5k/60min 10k/2hr half marathon- this equals roughly 6min/km pace. I have been chasing this goal for a long time and I can get close (33:20 5k) but not quite there. I am hoping to work on this as part of my Dopey training.

2) A marathon- another goal I will conquer at Dopey/part of Dopey Training.

3) Successfully complete Dopey- enough said.

4) Ironman Triathlon before I am 30- Training for Ironman is serious business, but until I can run a marathon it's probably out of my reach. Baby steps for now.

5) Place in my age group- duathlon, triathlon, run, big race, small race- I don't care. I just want to place in my age group once.

6) This is the verging on impossible one. So don't laugh. My secret dream in to represent Australia in sport. I don't mind which sport, just to reach the top level would be amazing. As I said, virtually impossible, but it is great to have something to work towards.

After my 5km PR. One happy chappy!



Non running related;

1) Enjoy life! Sometimes I get so caught up in working, training, studying or whatever I forget to take a step back and enjoy life!

2) Travel- Easy! I love travel but I haven't done much. I would love to check out Europe or go on a long cruise or anything! I am ready for adventure!

3) Find a job I love. I love working as a teacher but there are lots of different schools with different philosophies and it can be quite tricky landing a permanent full time position. Fingers crossed I can achieve this one sooner rather than later!

I love working towards goals and I hoping a strong training season before my RunDisney events can help me cross a few off the list!

What goals do you set for yourself?

Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment