Tuesday 27 May 2014

RunDisney Star Wars Challenge

RunDisney have announced ANOTHER new race weekend. The Star Wars race weekend will be over the weekend between 15th-18th of January.

I am a little disappointed as this leaves a very slim window of opportunity for those completing the Castaway Cay Challenge (such as myself) to make it over in time for the Rebel Challenge (10k and half marathon event). I am still very much undecided on whether I will even bother trying to fit the Star Wars races into my schedule, as there will not be much room to allowed for delays on the cruise or with our flights in terms of picking up our race packets. I have emailed RunDisney to inquire if they will have an alternate arrangements for those coming directly from the cruise to Star Wars race weekend in event of delayed flights or cruise disembarkation. I am hoping they might allow a small number of competitors race morning bib pick up if needed, which would definitely help to push me towards the signing up option.

Race weekend includes a 5k, 10k, half marathon, challenge with the 10k and half plus kids races and a Wookie Welcome Party. Registration opens on the 10th June at noon EST. This race weekend has been in the rumour mill for a long time and I have no doubt it will sell out extremely quickly. For more details head over to the RunDisney Website.

Are you thinking about signing up for the Star Wars races? Which one?

Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment