Thursday 14 August 2014

We have to share the running love!

Okay, just to make this clear I will give you a bit of background. I am not a sleek looking runner with brand name gear and world record pace. I am more of a uncoordinated elephant plodding along, but a very happy and self assured elephant. I honestly couldn't give a two hoots what other people think of me when they see me running my awesome Galloway intervals and stopping to pull out my wedgie. Such is the life of a runner, and in this case a slow and happy runner.

But when you ask about my upcoming races and I tell you about 1/2 marathons on consecutive weekends and my new obsession, the Dopey Challenge, DO NOT ASK ME IF I THINK I WILL FINISH.

Of course I think I will finish! I am blindly optimistic. And barring some horrific injury, I WILL FINISH! I cannot afford to be thinking negatively 5 months out from the event. All I can do is train my little heart out and hope for the best. So when sometimes tells you about their crazy 150 mile ultra, don't ask them 'Do you think you will finish?' because I guarantee you, that they would much rather hear you say '150 miles! You will smash it!'. A little positivity goes a long way people, so hand it out at every opportunity you get!

Generally speaking, I am one happy chappy!


What's the best thing someone has told you before a race?

Ash :)


No comments:

Post a Comment