Wednesday 6 August 2014

Less than 3 months until Wine and Dine Half Marathon!

As I write this my excitement levels are rising, because there is officially less than 3 months until the beginning of the Wine and Dine Half Marathon Race Weekend.

Wine and Dine half will be my first official RunDisney race and to say I am looking forward to it is a huuuuge understatement! Ever since I found out about the RunDisney race events I have had an interest, but living in Australia and the thought of taking on a half marathon made it seem like a fantasy. I started running, and by running I mean run/walking (which has worked an absolute treat) and built my way up to half marathon distance. After finishing uni and not securing a full time job straight away, the registration for Wine and Dine seemed too tempting to refuse (and it's on my birthday!). So when it opened I registered, and the week after I registered for Avengers Half and a month later I was registering for Dopey. I definitely caught the RunDisney bug!

The hard training is starting to get going, with a big focus on Dopey training, which will nonetheless prepare me for both of my halves in November. I am seriously so pumped and just waiting to board that plane and be on the way to Disney to make my dreams come true!

What is your dream race?

Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment