Thursday 16 January 2014

14 in 2014

The lovely ladies from We Run Disney brought this to my attention, and it is a 14 in 2014 challenge from Jill Conyers.

I have decided to challenge myself to 14 races in 2014 in a range of distances. There are choices including completing 14 events in a 5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon, trail distance, or a combination, which is what I have chosen.

After completing my own personal challenge 'The Year of the Fun Run' last year (where I aimed to complete one event a month), I decided a new year called for a new challenge, and this fits the bill perfectly. With no races booked in yet (though many in pipeline), this challenge has given me a lot of food for thought. At the moment, this is what my race schedule might look like:

No races in Jan/Feb because I already have lots of triathlons scheduled.

March:
April:
May: Spartan Race Sprint
June:
July: Gold Coast Marathon
July: The Age Run Melbourne 5km (with my mum) or half marathon
August:
September: Dubbo Stampede 10km
September: Numinbah to Polly's 50k trail
October: Melbourne Marathon
November: City2Sea Melbourne
December:

There are still a few gaps to be filled, and I seem to be a magnet for finding races, so I am sure this plan will change quite a bit!

Any recommendations on races I should try?

Ash :)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Happy to have you join!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to be a part of it! Now I just have to keep my eyes peeled for awesome races!

    ReplyDelete