Sunday 15 June 2014

A serious lack of motivation and a new PR

On a Saturday I ran a shiny new 10k PR. No race, no specific training, no water stations, no sealed road. Just me, my running trail and a hidden bottle of water. It may have only been a PR of 8 seconds, but a PR is a PR. And considering it was on an uneven trail, the most disorganized course of loops and back tracking and the several 'nope this is too hard I am turning back moments', I am stoked with what I achieved.

I have not been doing any specific training, because this has been more of a building period in preparation for Dopey 2015, so I have been trying to fit in at least one long run every week/fortnight, one speed session per week plus a tempo session every week/fortnight. Running a PR is a non race situation- which is unheard of me (I always do better in races. ALWAYS), has given me hope that when I tackle my next 10k I can hope to get a decent PR of more than 8 seconds. Someone once told me when creating a goal for a race you should have 3 goals- one that is achievable- such as I will have good form for the whole race, a goal that you would be happy with- such as running under 1:10 for my next 10k, and then a goal you would be over the moon with- such as running under 1:00 for my next 10k.

I had been in a bit of a funk after a long weekend, break from running and far too much junk food. This new PR has given me new focus and I am ready to get back to training hard and eating clean. So get around me!

A quick hike while on holidays rewarded me with this view.

A little bit on incidental exercise over my long weekend away!

How do you refocus after a break?

Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment